Calling all companies who crave an organization
or team where honest conversations are the norm...
Imagine a work environment where everyone would have...
- An easy-to-use framework to lean on when engaging in difficult conversations (because they had opportunities to practice using it through potential or real-life scenarios)
- A productive way to give and receive feedback (and know how to couple it with meaningful praise)
- Strategies to handle emotions that may crop up during professional conversations (without getting awkward or trying to downplay the issue)
- A sense of how they could be a better leader or teammate (and the belief they’re contributing to a safe, positive work environment)
- The respect to talk to each other directly (rather than walking around feeling annoyed and thinking, “I should have said this….”)
But right now, you’re wondering what exactly is a
Courageous Conversation and why does having them matter?
I’m so glad you asked.
Courageous Conversations happen
- When individuals are able to be candid with their peers and leaders, they’re better able to collaborate, be part of stronger functioning teams, and feel more content both inside and outside of the workplace.
- When people feel safe enough to candidly express their feelings by being clear, direct and kind at the exact same time.
- When the result of all that candor are employees that can fully contribute to the company–as they can give and receive feedback that can be implemented quickly, and shift their focus back to matters related to your organization’s bottom line.
- If you’re part of an organization that wants to develop teams and individuals into a high-functioning culture of collaboration, trust and clarity, then your team needs to learn to talk to each other.
A two-day corporate workshop showing people
how to be clear and kind at the exact same time.
How does Courageous Conversations work, exactly?
Each company’s experience during the workshop will differ slightly based on the unique needs of your people.
That said, at first it may feel similar to riding a rollercoaster–the anticipation and a bit of fear as individuals get clarity of what’s coming, and then the confidence and courage of realizing they can handle what’s in front of them.
Here’s a peek of the three stages
we’ll work through together over our two workshop days...
Discover the role vulnerability, empathy and shame play in honest conversations. This is a time for self-reflection because being a better leader at work (and in life) means knowing the only thing within your control is how you show-up.
Learn concrete tools and strategies to lean on so you have the confidence to effectively have courageous conversations. People will walk away knowing how to better deal with emotions, how to find win-win solutions, and how to give feedback (and receive) without wrecking havoc on relationships.
One of the trickiest parts of implementing a practice of honest conversations is building the courage to make them a habit. That’s why each workshop includes multiple opportunities to put new skills into practice through role-playing and discussions. In addition, four weeks following the workshop, we’ll meet for a 90-minute Zoom support call where attendees can ask follow-up questions, and we’ll practice more examples to help deepen the learning.
Here’s what else is waiting for you inside
Each participant will receive:
Looking for a few
Courageous Conversation success stories you can relate too?
“Courageous Conversations radically shifted our perspectives in a very short time.“
“Natalie delivers very powerful and important content in a way that is highly relatable and geared to the group. She draws from her personal experience and also a depth of resources and research to pull together a workshop that radically changed our perspectives in a very short time. We left the workshop with a shifted perspective and some very simple and practical tools that we will undoubtedly bring to our professional and personal lives every day.“
Principal & Founder, Artemis Canada
“Courageous Conversations allowed us to do tangible work on our leadership styles.“
“This workshop allowed us to look at ourselves and our leadership styles, see areas of improvement and do tangible work on them that will benefit our teams in all levels. We were able to learn from and recognize our peers while having the lighting guide of an expert like Natalie Dumond. Thanks for caring about the next generation of leaders!“
Marketing Manager, Platterz
“So much new wisdom on what it means to partake in courageous conversations.“
“We cannot thank Natalie enough for facilitating such an honest and vulnerable training session for our team! Her ability to offer up personal examples allowed us to engage with the information and reflect on the ways these skills will serve us in both our personal and professional roles. The structure and delivery of the program allowed for active participation and thoughtful team dialogue. Courageous Conversations exceeded our expectations in every way"“
Founder, Exhale Therapy
“Took only 3 hours to see where some of my deep-rooted problems as a leader are!“
“We were talking about real life examples instead of the "fluff" that we sometimes get when placed in these training-type situations. I'm hoping to use what I learned from the Courageous Conversations workshop when giving and receiving feedback but also just in my everyday life (both at work and at home). Thank you!“
Is Courageous Conversations the key to unlock
better communication in your workplace?
Review 9 signs that signal YES, your team is ready...
- Your managers and leaders dread giving feedback. They’re uncomfortable dealing with emotions during professional conversations
- Individuals are feeling underappreciated and you suspect it’s because their contributions aren’t being acknowledged
- People are fearful of saying the wrong thing and unconsciously using trigger words that hurt work relationships.
- Right now, it feels like there are a lot of side conversations happening as many uncomfortable situations are being ignored
- You accept there are gaps in your organizations communication style and you want to do better
- You’re open to trying a new model of leading discussions and communicating at work (and at home too)
- Individuals are easily triggered by feedback and struggle to receive it unable to see the growth potential
- There’s an epidemic of nice and polite in your workplace where individuals are afraid to say what needs to be said
- Leaders and individuals on the team avoid sharing feedback out of the concern for starting a conflict
Courageous Conversations are essential for
Teach us the skills!
workplaces looking to transform their teams.
Who’s the facilitator behind
Hi, I’m Natalie.
I’m known for helping leaders and teams build their capacity for courage, candor, vulnerability, trust and authenticity in the workplace.
As a former HR Professional in a fast-paced start-up workplace, I developed a unique feedback framework that led to me contributing to Brene Brown’s NY Times best-selling book, Dare To Lead. Read by millions worldwide, jump to page 205 if you want to check it out yourself.
Today I work as a professional leadership coach, speaker, and certified Dare To Lead facilitator.
Using my coaching credentials and over 15 years of corporate experience, I show organizations and leaders there is a different way to lead, one that fosters improved business outcomes and better communication.
International Coaching Federation Certification
Dare To Lead Facilitator certification
Certified Leadership Coach
Here’s what a few previous workshop attendees
had to say about my training style...
“Natalie is an engaging, empowering and empathetic facilitator and leader.“
“Her ability to engage our leadership team virtually, and inspire us to unlock the potential we all have to be courageous leaders was so well facilitated. I highly recommend Natalie.“
Executive Director, Victoria Hospital Foundations
“Natalie will teach you, challenge you and reward you with her amazing sense of humor.“
“This workshop is an amazing opportunity to reflect personally, as well as drive insight into your respective organizations. I highly recommend everyone to attend!“
SVP People Operations, Kik
“Natalie’s humble demeanor and use of real-life examples made me feel comfortable to open up.“
“Natalie's approach helped me to feel deeply connected to the topic. Lots of great tips to add to my leadership toolbox. Thank you Natalie!“
Strategic Alignment & Communications Supervisor, Farm Mutual Re